"Anyone who has declared someone else to be an idiot, a bad apple, is annoyed when it turns out in the end that he isn't" - Frederich Nietzche

Friday, February 4, 2011

secundus: educational aspiration for 2011.

What is the meaning of aspiration? According to the Online Cambridge Dictionary, Aspiration is a noun, and it means "Something that you hope to achieve".


In other words, it's just a fancy way to say "Ambition".


To aspire for something is good. But to achieve what you've aspired for, is a different matter altogether. We can certainly dream, but to realize that dream, a lot of hard work needs to be done. And not giving up until we've achieved what we aspired for.


Don't let this de-motivate you. Ahaha. For those who didn't get the joke, you're just not nerdy enough.


Seeing that my last term's (I would NOT say 'semester'. It's too American for my liking) results were abysmal to say the least, my ambition for 2011 is to get high grades for the all subjects to be able to at least let out a sigh of relief and to graduate with a high CGPA.  Though it might seem like a monumental task, nothing is impossible when you've set your heart on it.


But a student's job IS to study, so I can't really blame other factors that contribute to poor results other than myself. This term's going to be different. To get good grades, I will not skip classes and procrastinate. I will also lessen the frequency of useless activities that only leads to wasting time i.e: lepak-ing  and playing computer games.


It's the norm with resolutions/aspirations/ambitions to get broken before we achieved it. For example, a person might make a new year's resolution on January to quit smoking, but starts puffing up again by April. The same applies to this 'educational aspiration' of mine. But I'm praying that nothing will sway my resolve.


An esteemed lecturer at UniKL Micet, Mr. Syahidi, is known to utter a famous phrase that is still being quoted by students to this day. "This is not a playground, this is a battlefield!". These words ring true because being able to study in a university is a privilege not granted to all. The university is not a place to fool around and to be lazy.


And so, I hope that I can achieve what I've aspired for in 2011 with the steps that I have planned. I leave you, dear reader, with a song by Psyopus, a mathcore band from New York, entitled "2". This song always perks me up when I need to stay alert during studying. :)





image credits: http://101reasonstostopwriting.com/uploads/2007/09/aspiration_normal.jpg

0 comments: